Saturday 11th March 2017, 12pm-3pm
Join us this Saturday as we try some of the fantastic wines offered by Hayward Bros. (Wines). Rather than sticking to one country or area, we'll be trying wines from around the world that are excellent representatives of their countries.
Wild Rock Sauvignon Blanc 2016 Marlborough
- Sourced from the wild, rocky soils of Marlborough in New Zealand, this wine shows fresh aromas of white peach, pale lemon straw with green hue, fresh green herbs, blackcurrant bush and wet river stones. A lovely rich fruit core of citrus and apple is balanced with fine acidity for a soft yet pleasantly dry finish.
The Crusher Cabernet Sauvignon 2014
- This red wine opens with a vibrant bouquet of black cherry, toasted oak and captivating pepperiness. Graceful in the mouth, with a silky texture and lively dark berry fruit, flavors of plum and dark chocolate expand on the palate. Ten months of aging on 100% French oak imparts endearing smokey notes and a touch of sandalwood to our Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine finishes impressively long and showcases wonderful finesse and well-integrated tannins.
Jean Loron Pinot Noir
- A delicious wine, ruby red in colour, complemented by a bouquet redolent of red berry fruits and a touch of spice. The wine is complex on the palate with elegant but assertive tannins. Pair with red meats and rich foods.
Villa Conti Orvieto Classico
- This classic white wine has a dry and refreshing mouth feel that is well-rounded with ripe fruit flavours and hints of bitter almond.
Colle Papa Frascati Superiore
- This sparkling white wine is fresh with hints of peach. Utterly delightful!